Sunday, September 24, 2017

Welcome to our world!

Hi! It's me, Ivan. Through the years people have told me over and over "you should write a book", "you should blog" and assorted things like that. 

So here it is! My first attempt at blogging. 

On this blog, I will be posting about our family adventures since our move to Japan in August 2017. The first few posts will be mirroring what I posted on my Facebook page but with more pictures and a few videos thrown in there (if I can figure out how to do that stuff). So I apologize for repeating myself. I should be expanding the blog more and updating regularly (hopefully) since I will have more time on my hands that I can imagine. 

Once we are settled and I have more experience blogging, I'm hoping to open a second blog chronicling my trips to the many castles and other culturally rich places scattered all over the Kansai area of Japan. My wish is to make that more of a historical site, with more serious details of the places I see. I'm hoping to be able to profit from that site, to help provide for my family. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these posts and that you can feel like you are hanging out with us as we do fun things, meet interesting people and have my belly patted.

Thanks for coming along in this adventure.

Ivan 


2 comments:

  1. you should ask for a selfies each time someone wants to pat your belly and post it here, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

School Ties

Over the last month and a half we've had a little battle with my daughter's school. In Japan, middle school kids walk to school on a...